Friday, March 16, 2007

Bracket Time!

You may recall in past years how I've regaled you with stories of my poor team-picking in the NCAA Tournament as well as my witty observations about it. And you'll recall how I'll remind you over and over again when I do something brilliant.

A couple of years ago, I had Kansas in the Final Four (something I have a history of doing) and they lost. In the first round. To Bucknell.

Yeah, so it's never good when your bracket is in the shitter on Day 1. As I said, I've put Kansas in the Final Four more than any other team over the years and the last two years they've been bounced in the first round. So when I did this year's bracket, I just figured I had to do it again. Hell, if I didn't pick them and they made the Final Four I'd be royally pissed. So not only do I have them in there, I have them winning the whole thing. So naturally, you know they won't.

However, I got off to a good start this year on day 1. I picked 14 of 16 correctly, including VCU's upset of Duke which was pretty much the only upset of the day. This has put me in the 96.7 percentile in the country, which isn't too bad. Staying there would be a trick, though.

For those interested, my bracket can be perused here. In addition, just for fun, I threw in another bracket on ESPN.com (since the best one wins ten grand) and that can be viewed here. Notice any funny-looking teams in the Final Four? Yeah, I thought you might.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?