Wednesday, March 21, 2007

GOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!

I played soccer for all of my young life and, as a kid, I had been more of a forward -- fast, ability to score, etc. But high school exposed the fact that I wasn't enough of a scorer to continue trying to score goals so my focus was changed to stopping goals and I was moved to fullback, where I prided myself on my defensive abilities.

One of the more exciting moments of my high school soccer life was when I managed to score a goal during my junior season from midfield, lofting a ball over the surprised goalie's head. In a game earlier that season, I had clanked one off the crossbar from about the same location as we were pressing to tie the game.

But I don't think anyone who has played soccer in their life can deny that this has got to be one of the coolest goals ever scored. Especially if you were/are a defender or goalie.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?