Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Out Of Catchy Bracket-Themed Titles

I don't know what the hell to call these posts anymore. Basically, I'm here to update you on how I'm doing in the Tournament. As though you care. Yeah, well, nobody shows me any love by commenting here anyway so whatever. I'll start posting more nonsensical-than-usual crap soon. We'll see how you like that.

Anyway, on ESPN.com, I am in 624,603th place (out of roughly 3,500,000), putting me in the 78.8 percerntile, meaning I'm doing better than nearly 80% of the country. I'm typically in about this position at this point but I've usually lost several of the teams I've projected to do big things. This year appears to be different, however. While I only have 10 of my Sweet 16 picks correct, among them are all eight of the teams I picked to make the "Elite Eight" and, thus, all of my Final Four teams remaining. There's really nothing worse than losing one of your Final Four teams in the opening weekend because then you feel like you've got no shot at anything the rest of the way.

In another pool I do, that is run by an actuary from my old company, I am in 64th place out of 601 entries. No, I'm not winning any money for that but it's always fun to feel like you know something about a sport. Well, at least for me, anyway.

In other news, Purdue got bounced from the tournament by the defending champs, Florida. The Boilers gave a very strong showing this year, rebounding from two pretty awful seasons to wind up with 22 wins, a victory in the first round over Arizona and a near-upset over Florida. I'm quite proud of the boys and looking forward to the future of this program.

Back later this week with more goodness to entertain you.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?