Thursday, March 01, 2007

The New Look...Finally

So you've made it to the new-look NTR site. And therein lies one of the first issues I had to deal with and am still wrestling with: what do I call the revised site? NotTheRock.com is being retired in short order seeing as how it does nothing but lie around and cost me money (good practice for one day having a lazy teenager), the original Musings portion of the site is also now permanently banished to the Archives... and really, this will be the focal point of my ongoing Web endeavors. So maybe it should take on the simple moniker of "NotTheRock," thus dropping the ".com" and the "Musings," since hey, it's a blog and, duh, obviously it's got musings on it. But the Musings were such a part of the identity of why I began it in the first place. But I guess this is already way too much thought devoted to somethine as insignificant as the title of this here slice of the Internet (or, "the eBays" as FSU coach Bobby Bowden calls it).

I've still not really formally defined what I'm doing here. Yeah, sure, blogging (god, I hate that stupid term), but about what?

If you know me, then you know I'm weirdly private about my personal life. So why share any of it on here? Well, good question, and stop poking into my brain. It makes me kick all funny.

No, but seriously, this is here for me to do a few things: vent, make fun of things, bitch, moan... well, wait, those are all almost the same thing. Hmm, well, it's also here so I can keep writing. I write and write and try to then write some more. Having an instant outlet like this is healthy for me and I enjoy it. And as you'll see if you haven't already, I also write (and have written) other places, including Boiled Sports, Ranger Fan Central and Four Magazine.

You'll note I went with a color change. I still like the black background but decided to go with something a little different for now. We'll see how long it lasts but, judging by how often I updated the look and feel of other Web endeavors, I'd say get used to this look.

You can still visit the Jan '03 to Feb '07 Musings whenever you want by looking over in the right nav bar and seeing the links to visit there. And I'll also probably link there periodically since I'm actually arrogant enough to link to my own commentary. But don't worry, the old stuff doesn't get lonely. It's not really alive.

Not sure what else to share here except that if you've been reading a while and I know you, then thanks! And if you're reading and I have no idea who you are, well, welcome, I guess. And feel free to identify yourself in the comments.

Oh, yeah, comments! Those are a lot more free and easy to use, too. At least more free and easy than over at Xanga. You don't have to have an account to comment here but you might want to make one just for fun anyway.

There's also the labeling system here where you can "tag" your posts to make them easier to sort. Well, part of me thinks this is a neat idea and part of me thinks this is a bit silly. So I'll probably be putting labels on each post -- some will be legit and others will not. I bet you can figure out which ones are which.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?