Thursday, April 19, 2007

Four Wins In The Book, Twelve To Go

Well, last night was awesome again. The Rangers finished off their sweep of the Atlanta Thrashers with a 4-2 victory in a game that was a lot like the first two in that it was close, but different in that the Thrashers actually led. Twice, in fact.

For the first time in a while, I wasn't as nervous as I usually am when watching the Rangers in the playoffs. They had so completely dominated the Thrashers on Tuesday night and the Thrash looked so overmatched that when the game began and the Rangers continued to look focused, I just allowed myself to enjoy the game. Sure, they went down 1-0 and 2-1 but they evened the score both times shortly after falling behind and then scored on a much-reviewed goal two minutes into the third period and that turned out to be the difference.

Over at Boiled Sports, I put up video clips in my post about last night's game. Check 'em out if you're interested. Some good stuff.

Now the Rangers move on to the second round for the first time in ten years and face any of four teams. It's hard to say, since all the other series are still going on and the Rangers are the first team in the playoffs to advance. Man, it's been a while since they looked this good.

I'm obviously still realistic and not expecting a Cup this year. However, in February I wasn't expecting them to make the playoffs. And last week I wasn't expecting them to sweep Atlanta. And last year, I wasn't expecting 8th-seeded Edmonton to make the Finals. So who the hell knows. I do know that I'll be there in a week to ten days, whenever the Rangers next home game is, and I'll be loving it.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?