Monday, April 09, 2007

It's Playoff Time and I'm Giddy

Few people in my life understand how amped I get for the NHL Playoffs. I get even more boisterous when my Rangers are in them since it has only happened twice since 1997. And last year, the first time in nine springs that they'd made it, they were unceremoniously dumped by the Devils in four straight. Blech.

This year, they are actually playing well entering the playoffs so I'm even more excited. And I'm lucky to be marrying a woman later this year who puts up with my insanity around this team. Example? Well, we're out of town this coming weekend and before the schedules came out I was worried I might miss one of the Rangers home playoff games and she actually made a comment about me not coming with her because she felt bad for me missing a game. Now that's love and understanding. (Naturally, for the record, while the Rangers are very important to me, they're not more important than my future wife.)

So this blog may very well become a Rangers blog for the next couple of weeks. They're not playing the Devils in the first round this year, which is probably a good things. They're facing the Atlanta Thrashers and I plan to do my annual playoff prediction post very soon. You know, the one that none of my readers care about. Oh, I could post it over at our sister site, Boiled Sports, but my co-authors there wouldn't know a hockey puck from a hamburger and would bash me mercilessly.

So here is where you'll hear about it. All about it.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?