Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Pelicans Have Been Fooling Us

Have you ever seen a pelican eat a pigeon? Neither had I, until I was checking out Kissing Suzy Kolber last week and they posted the following video:



Yes, that was a pelican breaking ranks with the other peaceful pelicans of the world and simply swallowing a fucking pigeon whole. I can't decide if it's hilarious or extraordinarily disturbing. The way the pigeon was clearly alive as he was eaten is rather...fascinatingly distressing to witness. The damn thing is squawking all the way down and flailing so violently the pelican's jowls are wobbling back and forth rather amusingly.

Can you imagine the pigeon's train of thought?

"Oh look! Bread crumbs! Should I go over there? Are there any predators there? No, just a pelican. Pelicans are friendly, right? Wait, let me think. I'm not a very smart animal but I'm fairly certain pelicans are not aggressive. I think I've seen them eat fish. Yeah, fish. Ooh! Bread crumbs! I'm gonna get me some. Wait, what's this pelican doing...WHAT THE FUCK?? AHHHHHRRRRGGHGHGHGURGLE--"

I bet the other pelicans are pissed that this one rogue pelican blew their cover as attackers completely out of the water. It's now just going to be that much harder for them to rule the animal kingdom and, utimately, us.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?