Thursday, August 02, 2007

Minnesota On My Mind

As everyone must know by now, the unthinkable happened in Minneapolis last night, as a major bridge suddenly collapsed into the Mississippi River as well as onto other pavement below (it didn't only collapse over the water).

It's kind of funny how the blogging community works. I'm not a super-frequent commenter on other blogs but I do read a number of them throughout the week when I have some downtime (or even when I don't have downtime and just want to procrastinate). Many are sports blogs but a few are personal blogs, like this one. One in particular, which you'll see over to the right, is called Velcrometer. The guy who writes it is hilarious and writes reviews of my favorite TV show, 24, over at Television Without Pity. Anyway, he's a terrifically funny writer and even his weekly musings about life are enough to often make me laugh out loud. I don't know this guy at all but I've read so much about his everyday life that I almost do feel like I know him, his wife and his son. And they all live in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

I hadn't been reading his site lately, mainly because I've just been too busy to keep up on anything. But you can bet the first place I visited this morning was Velcrometer. And isn't that just weird? Why do I care about someone I've never met? I guess it shows the power of the written word and how galvanizing a silly little once-underground community like the blogosphere can be. It turns out that he and his family are fine and I actually felt a little bit of relief, that this one person I don't even know is okay.

Weird, I tell you.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?