Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Somebody Is Effing With Me

Okay, so someone is clearly messing with me and, well, it's quite funny. Though I'm not sure I will really enjoy all the spam mail I'll probably end up with as a result.

A few weeks ago, I got an email from "Culver's ButterBurgers and Frozen Custard" offering me a free value basket with the purchase of... a value basket. Now, I'm not familiar with this establishment, but damn, a ButterBurger washed down by frozen custard quite simply cannot be bad. Especially twice.

The Web site claims it's the "#1 Burger Chain in America," which is also interesting, given that I've never heard of it. But what amused me about this email was that it wasn't just regular old spam. No, somebody signed me up because it had my first name along with my wife's last name -- spelled incorrectly, I might add, helping to lead me towards who the culprit might be (poor spellers are easy to trap).

So then today I get another email -- this one from "Cat Lovers." The body of the email says, "Welcome to Cat Lovers" and gives me a Login ID and temporary password. I'm actually kind of worried about what I might find at a site with security passwords and the words "cat lovers." Yeesh.

Either way, somebody knows how much I like cats and decided to add this to my list of places. Which is fine. Because I will find you. And you really will wish you'd stopped this sillyness after signing me up for Culver's.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
i think youd think it was me, but alas it isn't as I got some bogus login info for some bogus website the other day. It is all just a way to plant malware on the computer. Ignore it.

but hey did I ever tell you about the time I got product literature from saturn in spanish?
 
Also, since the new television viewing season is upon us, could you grace us with your predictions of upcoming shows?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?