Friday, December 21, 2007

Final Air Travel of 2007

Thanks to all my flying back and forth to the great state of Tejas (not to mention my trip to Gay Pair-ee in April) I was able to attain "Silver Elite" status on Continental. What does this get me? Well, I get to go to the priority lines for check-in, security and boarding. Of course, between Houston and New York almost everyone is Elite because it's apparently a very common jump to make... so it doesn't get me much.

It's also supposed to get me complimentary upgrades to first class. That hasn't happened yet and it can't happen for both me AND my lovely wife (she's not Elite and I'd need to be Gold Elite to upgrade my spouse, too) and we're still newlyweds so it's not like I can upgrade and leave her in coach. I've heard that's kind of poor form.

So anyway, this morning was our final flight of 2007. And we had to leave our home at 3:45 AM to get to the airport in time to make our 6:40 AM flight. Delightful. And now I get to work on a day when everyone just wants to goof off because it's the last day before the Christmas holiday.

Me sleepy.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?