Friday, February 01, 2008

Gosh, Mother Nature, That Was Hilarious

This morning, after moving down here and bragging to everyone about how nice and mild the winter weather is here, there was actually frost on my car. Now, I've noticed some minor icing earlier this month, but it's usually nothing more than that -- minor. Once I'm in the car and moving, it's nothing but moistute. Not this morning.

No, this morning, there was true frost on my windsheild. And the best part? I don't have any idea where our scrapers are anymore. I've been down here a damn month and we've already turned into Southerners who haven't a clue how to handle ice. So I drove slowly down my road with the defroster blasting and trying to de-ice the windsheild with my non-de-icing washer fluid. I looked like what my dad used to refer to as "tank drivers" -- those people who are too lazy to clear their windsheild in the winter and instead just clear a hole to look through and thus are like driving a tank.

Of course, within a few blocks, it was taken care of and it's going to be 70 tomorrow.

Hee!

Labels: ,


Comments:
LOL I'm guilty of driving while peeking through the little hole in the ice. I never realized there was a word for it though lol.
 
look at all these new people leaving comments!! I always thought there were lurkers around here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?