Friday, February 15, 2008

Picking Up Our Puparoo!

Well, the decision has been made -- her name is going to remain Maya.

I know this kept a lot of you awake and you were constantly tuning into Entertainment Tonight much like you would in anticipation of a celebrity baby naming. Hey, we could have named her Apple but thankfully good taste prevailed.

Truth was, there wasn't anything else that we both truly liked enough -- that wasn't already in use by other people, dogs, etc. -- and so we kept coming back to Maya. We kept referring to her as Maya and kept buying things and saying, "Well, another toy for Maya." Not "another toy for the dog." So in the end, just as I suspected, we are keeping her name.

Anyway, tonight is the big night. We head to the breeder to pick her up in a just a couple of hours and then, well, then it's puppy stage time. Watersyne had a very valid question the other day, asking me whether she'd be able to hold her peepee for the whole night (Maya, not Watersyne). And no, of course she can't. She's got a bladder the size of a grape. So my wonderful wife researched this and learned that at 8 weeks (which she is), they can hold it for perhaps four hours. Outstanding!

So I guess I'll be back to my staying up late to watch Sportscenter and then I'll be letting the pupper out. Then maybe one middle-of-the-night visit to the backyard and then, well, early in the morning as soon as I get up. Then she's Watersyne's problem when I head to work.

This is gonna be good training for kids. Of course, I already knew once we had kids that we wouldn't be getting any sleep -- I had just hoped to sleep plenty before that day came. So much for that.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?