Friday, June 06, 2008

Phoning It In

Well, it's time again for me to upgrade the old cell phone. I know we all have those "can you believe it?" conversations about technology and our increasing reliance on it, but hey, I've always liked cool little gizmos. Granted, I rarely can operate cool little gizmos, but cell phones for some reason have always been something I'm pretty good at.

I'm currently carrying around the Motorola Razr V3, which I've actually really enjoyed having. Battery life isn't very good but I don't think any phones are anymore since they're all getting slimmer and slimmer, thus reducing battery size and, apparently, capacity. My Razr locks up like a bad Windows application from time to time, but overall I like it because of how slim and light it is. I can slip it into any pocket -- even my really tight Jordache jeans that show off my ass -- and it's never in the way the way my Blackberry often is.

So I was looking for something to mimic that convenience while being a little bit newer technology. And since I'm up for my bi-annual $100 credit, it was the time. So I perused the selection and I decided on the Samsung Alias SCH u740. Not sure why it needs all those qualifiers in the name but it does. It's actually slightly less "tall" and a bit narrower than the Razr, which I find amazing. It's fractionally deeper, but only like by a couple tenths of an inch. And it has a neat-o feature where it's a clamshell phone but also has the full "qwerty" keyboard.

Here is is:



I also love the fact that the clock on the outside is analog. We've gone away from analog clocks in the past couple of decades and they're definitely coming back now and getting popular again. And having one on the cell phone just looks classy to me. Sure, when you open it it looks like a jubilee of buttons, but you only use the traditional phone buttons when you're using it as a phone... when it's a message center, etc., then you turn it and it all looks normal.
So that's my technology update. I do feel like a dumbass having a cell phone from Verizon and an AT&T blackberry with cell phone service, but these are the requirements of being in the professional BSer world I am in.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Dude, there are some other good phones...choose wisely.
 
My research tells me Samsung is pretty good.... no?
 
very good...I just like some other products as well...and a new Blackberry device is coming out in two weeks that is sweeeeeeet.

I think I'm getting a new iphone next month though. I'll be leaving Verizon after a long, beautiful 9 year relationship.
 
Will your new phone be able to dial out to CT? ;-)
j/k - you know I love you!
 
Nic -- I actually have been thinking about you recently... and not in inappropriate ways!

My parents were asking about bebe and all that jazz.... let's talk soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?