Friday, November 14, 2008

You Had to Be There

You ever get into weird games with your spouse? (No, not those kinds of weird games, you pervert!) Like you just start going back and forth, either verbally or via email or, in our case, via text?

That's what happened with Lovely Wife and me the other day. See, she walks through this maze of underground tunnels to get from her office to my building and then we walk together to the car. And she always sends me a text when she's leaving so I can time my shut-down procedures and meet her in the lobby. Usually it's just "Leaving now," to which I always reply "ok." But on Tuesday it got silly and so I thought I'd document it here. Each line is a text, alternating between us, with her going first.

Leaving now.
Roger
rabbit
bunny
honey
bee
wax
on wax off
daniel son
of a bitch
fight
to the death
do us part
and parcel
service
center
point
taken
lightly
salted
nuts
sack
of potatoes
salad
tossed
cookies
n' cream
in your coffee

Yes, something's wrong with us. This was all in a 15 minute walk to my office. Then we argued about who broke the "rules."

No competitiveness here.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?