Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Over Two Weeks In

We're over two weeks into our 90-day challenge and as of yesterday, I was down to 210.2 lbs from a starting weight of 219.8. So 9.6 lbs in just over two weeks. Not bad, though I do expect that kind of weight loss in these early stages. I'm feeding my body just enough calories to have what it needs and I'm severely limiting carbs and going much higher on protein. This was actually the only weight-loss method that ever worked for me (back when I lost 46 lbs in 2003), but now I've got a wife making sure I actually eat fruits and veggies, too. Oh, and I'm also working out six days a week so that can't hurt, either.

One of my buddies is convinced I won't lose a lot of weight but rather will "move the weight around," meaning I'll bulk up and tone muscle. While I agree with this to a certain extent, I still do have weight to lose -- so I think there will wind up being some medium ground where I would lose more weight with diet and cardio work alone, but since I'm also building muscle it will be somewhere in the middle.

God, this is exciting, isn't it?

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?