Sunday, January 04, 2009

You Know I Don't Like Resolutions

Welcome to 2009. If you know me at all, you know I think resolutions are stupid. Yet I seem to have some semblance of them every year. The truth is, though, I just know my fitness and motivation and general patience all are tested in the last couple months of the year and so it's time to start fresh.

This year, the same issues abound. I'm fat, and it's time to do something about it. I joined a gym when we moved down here but once my wife and I started commuting together, I had a convenient excuse not to go in early to the gym. Plus I like food.

So when a couple of our friends here saw tremendous success in getting into the best conditions of their lives via a workout regimin called P90X, a larger group of us decided to do the same. So we all begin the 90-day lifestyle change on Monday, January 5, and it will continue for 90 days. Unless some of us bail out. You work out six days a week in varying workouts, and follow a typically strict but reasonable diet. At the end of the 90 days, for those who stick to it, you'll no doubt look and feel amazing. I'm a believer, having seen what it did for our friends. The question will be sticking to it. But the thing is, none of us are getting any younger and if we think it's hard now, it's nothing compared to how it will be in a few more years.

And so off we go. I'm beginning at 219.8 lbs, so we'll see where we wind up. Updates to come.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?