Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Talladega Wedding

Something that's sometimes said about blogging is that there are rules around what you should write about and there are lists of things people think it's taboo to write about. Some of those things involve your pregnancy, your children, your dog, your cats, things like that. Because, really, who wants to hear about how amazing your dog is?

One of the topics that I recently read is to be avoided when it comes to writing your own blog is your wedding. Well, I guess I can understand that, but I don't really care. As you may recall, I make the rules around here.

Last night, Watersyne and I had our meeting at the entertainment company that's handling our DJ services, photography and videography. That's all well and good and we got accomplished what we needed to get done. On the way out, we saw a picture of a reception hall, set and ready for the party (whether it was a wedding or not, who knows). And, you know, if we were having any trouble deciding on the theme for our wedding or what colors to use or the centerpiece that should be on each table... well... maybe this picture answered all of it at once.



I think this might be a winner in so many ways. Yes, that's right, the centerpieces are fucking stock cars. I'm sorry, but... really? Have we gotten to this point with NASCAR's following? I mean, I love hockey but I'm not making each table a team-themed table with a giant puck as the centerpiece. (Although that would be cool....)

"I don't think it's a wedding," said Watersyne hopefully, clearly not wanting to believe it's possible that someone would do this.

And it would definitely make more sense as.... something else. Like a birthday party. But how many birthday parties are so organized? I mean, this is a hall of some sort, ready to host an ostensibly formal event. I mean, except for the giant stock cars overhead.

I also like that they didn't just stop with the massive cars that are a tad big for centerpieces, I think we can all agree. No, they decided that if they were going to do this they were going to go all the way. The checkered flag tablecloth and napkins... the overhead banners for the various drivers. I can almost picture the fistfight between the two hillbillies who both want the last seat at the Tony Stewart table.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
looks like a bat mitzvah theme to me
 
More fun to imagine it as a wedding, though, right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?